Flexible workforce solutions for increased laboratory efficiency
Overview of Pace Analytical
Pace Analytical Services is an industry-leading analytical lab solutions firm providing a broad scope of services including sampling and testing, equipment service and sales, and scientific staffing. Areas of specialty include environmental analytical testing and sampling, life sciences GMP laboratory testing for pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and laboratory instrumentation and staffing services for a variety of laboratory industries.
Pace Analytical Scientific Professional Services is an innovative program designed to provide a stable yet flexible scientific workforce for clients who want to keep work in-house. This unique Scientific Staffing model has a successful track record of providing high quality talent to laboratories nationwide. The program is ISO 9001 compliant, combining expertise and more than 30 years of laboratory operations experience with a management program. The result is a highly productive and sustainable contingent workforce solution.
Benefits of Staffing Services
Corporations are diverse and so are the needs for a contingent workforce. These staffing needs may include:
- Increased staff to support workload
- Help managing fluctuating workload or project-based work
- Reduced head count
- Allowing full-time employees to focus on core competencies
- High quality candidates
- Lower turnover than typical staffing agencies
- Reduced co-employment risk
- Support to the employee after placement
- Satisfied and productive employee
Key Scientific Staffing Differentiators that Set Pace Analytical Apart
The core competency at Pace Analytical is laboratory operations.
This creates a unique advantage to better understand the issues
and the details of laboratory staffing requirements.
- Scientific recruiters: All Pace recruiters hold scientific degrees and the majority have industry experience. Recruiters perform a thorough interview that consists of both technical and behavioral assessment. This process is meant to determine whether the candidate has the desired skill set and whether or not they are a good fit in a particular lab setting. Pace takes the time to identify customer nuances and to select only those candidates who will mesh well with the manager and current employees.
- Employee benefits: Pace provides full benefits packages which include: 401k retirement savings with company contributions, PTO including sick, holiday, and bereavement, and much more. Pace staffing employees receive the same benefits package as regular Pace employees.
- Learning Management System: Resources geared for training and continuing education, including health and safety, lab procedures, human resources, and more.
- Onsite Supervision: Skilled managers who are trained and supported by the organization.
- Technical Support: Pace benefits from being a scientific company by having an Environmental Division and a Life Sciences Division from which to pull resources/support. Areas include: instrumentation, scientific methods, operations management, and more.
The Pace Scientific Professional Services program specializes in long-term staffing needs with two primary service options—both designed to provide productive and sustainable contingent workforce solutions.
Scientific Staffing: Scientific talent is placed onsite at a customer location. This can be one or more scientists working in a variety of functions alongside the customer’s current employees. When there is a need, Pace can also provide a manager who not only works in the lab but also handles day-today employee issues. Specific benefits to the customer include less time recruiting and interviewing, more time to focus on the work, and reduced head count.
Scientific In-Sourcing: Pace employees handle an entire
scientific function onsite at a customer location. Work direction and all employee issues are handled by an onsite Pace manager. In addition to the above benefits, this option also enables the customer to focus on core business activities and retain control over the work.
Successful Pace Analytical In-sourcing Solutions
Pace has in-sourced operations and has placed managers onsite at major clients Nationwide. In these operations, the work chain-of-command flows from the customer through Pace managers, who then direct the Pace employees. The client manager is removed from the daily workflow, only providing guidance to the Pace managers regarding the required deliverables. Pace managers direct Pace employees to avoid co-employment issues related to on-site operations.
Pace Analytical is a Total Laboratory Resource offering a wide range expertise and both in-house and on-site testing solutions for the Chemical, Biotechnology, Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Device industries. The extensive list of skills and expertise include:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Bioanalytical Assays
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Materials Testing
- Method Development and Validation
- Project Management
- Quality Control
- Raw Material Analysis and Support
- Sample Prep and Stability Analysis
- And much more
Summary of Pace Analytical Scientific Professional Services
Whether it’s to provide a stable and flexible scientific workforce for clients who want to control costs and manage variable staffing needs, or to provide the expertise required to meet current and emerging challenges —Pace Analytical provides the scientific talent and project management experience to meet the needs, deadlines, and requirements of clients nationwide.
This article was written by LabX and published in conjunction with Pace Analytical
Pace Analytical is one of the largest commercial analytical testing firms in the United States, operating a nationwide network of laboratories & service centers to support environmental, pharmaceutical, and medical device clients.
Pace Analytical is Your Total Analytical Laboratory Resource.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Laboratory Needs.
Scientific Professional Services: 612-270-0163
Regulatory Services: 612-246-8717